HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Islington Academy London 4th March

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
katiexcore

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:37 pm

I was hopeing he'd take the guitar off and jump into the crowd.
That would have been funny!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/katzlife
Raucous Beccy

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:40 pm

I think he was going to, it looked like he was going to pull himself up on the speakers but they were spinning violently. Whoops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katiexcore

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:49 pm

Yeah. I've seen other people do it.
But without trying to play at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Dizzy
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1045
Registration date : 2007-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:52 pm

Oh man, I NEED to see this picture of Seth
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theaudition.zikforum.com
Nikkeh

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:07 pm

omg i got flattend _ lmaoo teenies more worried bout getting my space fank fxck for Katie and that girl who where the only ones helping me up lol

but ahaha i got a pic of seth climbing the railing thingy but its not very good
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/nikkeh_x
Jennifer

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:04 am

OMG! This show was just imense! Haha I have a pic of Seth climbing the thing, he looked pretty worried actually when he got up there. I was right up front at the barrier, my ribs hurt so much haha. I thought I was gonna come out a mess but I didnt which was surprising.

Just Surrender were amazing, I met them in MacDonalds by accident with my bf who was just spazzing haha. During their set, I think he was the only one near me to be singing and they kept pointing at him which was pretty cool.

When the guys got there and went inside, Danny was last out and looked a mess lol, he was holding loads of stuff walking around going "Where did everyone go?" haha he had to ask where the doors were and then went the wrong way and was wandering around the bins hahaha going "Ugh I just woke up" awww poor guy must have been knackered.

I didnt really like YMA6, I thought they were rude and their music didnt appeal to me. At one point they asked girls in the crowd if any of them wanted to give the lead singer a blow job ugh! I dont know if they were joking but I thought that was a bit off condisering that the majority of the crowd were girls and probably underage, but oh well.

The Audizzle were awesome! Every song was just amazing. I wish I could have taken videos but my camera doesnt have sound but I got quite a few pics which I will upload later. Danny threw some water at someone in the crowd and they went to catch it and ended up hitting it into the pit in the front and he was like "You just fucked up big time!" haha. Some guy won a competition to go on stage with them during Warm Me Up so took Tim's place, Tim ran around stage for a bit.

I met Seth and Danny after the show, they were really nice and sooo sweet. I was soooo shy haha and quiet and Danny kept hugging me Very Happy I made some bracelets for all of them which I gave to Seth and he was like "Awww no one ever gives me bracelets! I want the purple one!" (Give him bracelets! he only has one!) He also said that they will be playing a few random dates around GIAN time, he didnt say where though. Danny liked his bracelet too Very Happy and added it to his collection. They both signed my CDs. Joe was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo drunk afterwards "IF I SAY SPIT! YOU SAY ROAST!" haha, I didnt speak to him though. Ryan disappeared. Tim was hanging out of the bus door laughing with Joe who was screaming "PARTY ON THE BUS!" It was pretty amusing.

I think I saw a few of you guys there, I wasnt sure so I didnt approach you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raucous Beccy

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:12 pm

OMG I was totes stood next to you talking to Seth when you were tying his bracelet on!

LULZ at Joe and his everyone on the bus thing, did you see him mess his shoulder up when Josh from YMA6 pushed in down in a shopping trolley?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jennifer

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Haha omg yeah I think I remember now, I signed in today and I was like oh I recognise her! haha no I didnt see that, I must have left before that happened, we went at about 11:45 to catch the tube home. My mum was well annoyed cause I got in about 1:00 and she waited up for me hehehe wooops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raucous Beccy

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:20 pm

I think he really hurt himself tbh, he was so wasted and it still hurt so fingers crossed it isn't too bad. Josh was running around screaming how he murdered the bassist and Seth hid the trolley after so they couldn't do it again, it was down that car park opposite, all the way down the ramp, everyone was running after them to try and make it stop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyricallyloved

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:34 pm

Aww, poor Joe!
I hope he's alright!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/i_swear_im_not_drunk
lauramarie8820

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:47 pm

hahah..sounds like it was an ahhhhhhhmazing night!! glad you had lotttttttssss of funnn!!
i pretty much think that Joe wasn't THAT wasted when he was in Omaha.
maybe next time it'll be different..hahahaha
he needs to be careful, though. serrrrriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/lauramarie2007
Jennifer

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:13 pm

Raucous Beccy wrote:
I think he really hurt himself tbh, he was so wasted and it still hurt so fingers crossed it isn't too bad. Josh was running around screaming how he murdered the bassist and Seth hid the trolley after so they couldn't do it again, it was down that car park opposite, all the way down the ramp, everyone was running after them to try and make it stop.

Oh gosh haha I wish I had seen this now. I hope he didnt get hurt too much but thats what happens when youre drunk. It was actually kinda insane how wasted he was. When people here have said he gets drunk after shows, I didnt think it would be that bad haha, I doubt he had a clue what he was doing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raucous Beccy

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:29 pm

He was the most wasted I have seen him all tour though and THAT is saying something!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
allinyourhandsx

Number of posts : 1322

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:30 am

Sounds amazing, I'm glad everyone had so much fun. I love the stories. =]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/fingerscrossedx
katiexcore

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:30 pm

You know the blow job thing with YM@S was actuly some girl yelling it at Josh? He wasn't asking people to give him a blow job. Ewww thats just wrong.
And then Josh repeated it to Max. Who told Josh he would after the show. They were joking. They are really awkward about the whole groupie thing.
You Me At Six are the sweetest guys in the world.
I just love they way the are so thrilled to be playing to people. They always look so shocked when they come out to see people cheering and singing along.
Back to top Go down
Raucous Beccy

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:38 pm

Dan from Just Surrender is a massive sleaze as well, I feel bad for the rest of the band as it really put a lot of people off them.

Announcing to the crowd in Oxford that girls are only good for 'sucking and f*cking' when the average age of the crowd is probably about 15 is just not cool at all. Nor is coming on stage saying 'yo, yo, my niggaz' when you are clearly WHITE. That is a big NO as well. It is a shame cos not everyone gets to speak to the rest of the guys, who are all cool and as a first impression, it isn't good, esp as it is the first time they are in the UK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katiexcore

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:45 pm

People shouldn't take stuff so seriously.
I mean, most of the mid set banter is just joking around.
I'm a girl and I don't take offence at it in that context. Yeah if they said that to me in person it would be different. But the average age of the bands isn't that much older than us. And we joke about that sort of thing all the time.
Back to top Go down
Raucous Beccy

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:08 pm

I am fully aware what is said in jest and what is being a sleaze tbh. Racist and sexually derogatory comments are imo, things you don't really need to use as mid set banter. Some of it is light hearted but some stuff there is no need for. I am sure if you were black and someone came on stage saying 'yo yo my niggaz' in a blaise fashion you might feel differently about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
harlequinlily

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:20 am

The show was absolutely amazing and i'm glad i didn't die in the crowd haha It was actually really soft compared to the NFG show in Paris so i survived easily XD

It was really nice meeting some of you guys Smile

Oh and i'm glad they're planing more shows around the gian ones Smile Danny told me they were coming to France and i was so shocked hahaha Can't wait XD

Raucous Beccy

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:44 pm

It was nice meeting you too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jennifer

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:16 pm

katiexcore wrote:
You know the blow job thing with YM@S was actuly some girl yelling it at Josh? He wasn't asking people to give him a blow job. Ewww thats just wrong.
And then Josh repeated it to Max. Who told Josh he would after the show. They were joking. They are really awkward about the whole groupie thing.
You Me At Six are the sweetest guys in the world.
I just love they way the are so thrilled to be playing to people. They always look so shocked when they come out to see people cheering and singing along.

Well I didnt hear the girl yelling but I still dont think it was an appropriate thing to say on stage even if it was joking. I know theyre only a bit older than us but its still wrong, they should know better, mid set banter shouldnt offend anyone in the crowd. Thats my opinion. I just dont think it does their reputation any good.

Raucous Beccy wrote:
I am fully aware what is said in jest and what is being a sleaze tbh. Racist and sexually derogatory comments are imo, things you don't really need to use as mid set banter. Some of it is light hearted but some stuff there is no need for. I am sure if you were black and someone came on stage saying 'yo yo my niggaz' in a blaise fashion you might feel differently about it.

I totally agree with you. I was kinda shocked at what you said about Dan from JS, they seemed really nice but yeah saying that is just stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katiexcore

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:59 pm

Its just a word. It doesn't really mean shit. They don't actuly have anything againsed black people
I think that if people wern't so fussy about not offending people and being 'politicaly correct' then it wouldn't be an issue. People make blond jokes or jokes about short people. Why is it any worse when its about the color of people skin?
Back to top Go down
JULIAAAAA

Number of posts : 220

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:15 pm

katiexcore wrote:
Its just a word. It doesn't really mean shit. They don't actuly have anything againsed black people
I think that if people wern't so fussy about not offending people and being 'politicaly correct' then it wouldn't be an issue. People make blond jokes or jokes about short people. Why is it any worse when its about the color of people skin?

the n-word has a very negative connotation, especially in the states. it's pretty hard to find a black person who doesn't get offended when a white person uses it.

it is nowhere NEAR being on the level of blonde jokes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/fallwayaway
Raucous Beccy

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:46 pm

katiexcore wrote:

You are really, really ignorant if you think it is simply 'just a word' and I am just going to shut up now because slsy, *head, desk*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyricallyloved

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Islington Academy London 4th March   Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:30 pm

OOH DANG...drama drama drama
:]
I had to say that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/i_swear_im_not_drunk
Sponsored content